Sunday, February 10, 2013

Book Addict

I may have a little problem. I am a book addict - or is it a reading addict? Hm, I really don't know. What I do know, is that I read A LOT. I read every day, I read with every meal, I read after I wake up and before I go to sleep, I read while waiting for somebody or in line. I usually read three to four books in a week. (I counted it!) I will not step out of the house without a book.

yep, sums it up nicely

And thanks to the generation of smart phones I don't have to. I have this cute little reading app on my phone called Aldiko where in few years I managed to collect around 400 books. And that is the crux of the matter. I started to read only ebooks, and mostly romantic novels at that . But I happily continued purchasing "real" books, mostly classics. Mind you, I started to read them, but somehow I never really finished them.
But when my man started to joke around that the numbers of book I am currently reading is undoubtedly double-digit, I told myself - that's enough!
Other people have New Year's Resolution like: lose weight, save money, get a better job... My New Year's Resolution was simple: Read less. Or if you have to read, finish one of the many books you have purchased in the last years.
Since January 1st I finished these "real" books:


And I am currently reading these:

yay, for having books in Russian and Slovak there - pretty uncommon for me

I am still reading on my smart phone and since New Year's I have finished many more books. But I decided not to count the ebooks. ( Just last Sunday I finished three... what can I say, I was feeling pretty sick). I am still an addict, but I believe that I am on my way to recovery. And lets pretend that there is no package with 6 books waiting for me in the post office tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment