Sunday, May 19, 2013

Slovak Wedding from Choir Perspective

Wedding season is on and our choir got a first gig this year this Saturday. I love to spy on the wedding from our "bird" perspective from the balcony and this time I grabbed my camera. Of course I snapped a few picture of us, the choir.


There were the usual Wedding marches, Rutter's The Lord Bless You and Keep You and Clare Benediction and Frisina. The bride was beautiful and radiant and obviously everybody was having a good time. We got "výslužka" (gift of food - I can' stress how amazing this Slovak wedding tradition is - you get a box of desserts and cakes and some alcohol!!!). We got three Sacher tarts and three bottles of rosé wine from very grateful father of the bride. And, of course, we stuffed our faces ASAP. It was delicious! When is the next wedding, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment