Saturday, October 19, 2013

Romeo i Julietta

There are few things in this world that I love more than ballet (as I am proving by trying to train it two times a week - operative word being TRYING). Since it was my best friend Katja's birthday few days ago and she shares my passion for ballet (among other things like Russian literature), I decided to get us tickets to the Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet in the Slovak National Theatre (SND). The last time we went to ballet to see Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty we were incredibly disappointed - it was unbelievably amateurish. But this time SND managed to surprise us. Romeo and Juliet was very good, fast-paced, beautifully and professionally choreographed and let me tell you, the fact that men and especially Romeo were serious eye-candies didn't hurt either (as I can prove by one picture). I managed to sneak one photo at the end (obviously I am too cowardly to break the rules even for one harmless picture, so I got some from SND). If you ever get stuck in Bratislava with nothing to do, I can't recommend this ballet enough. I am already considering going to see it for the second time with my mom.







The last picture is of my gift from Katja (yeah, it wasn't my birthday but I got gifts - that's Katja for you). My beloved Bulgakov AND history reading. Yey.
Reading: Samuel Beckett - Waiting for Godot
Listening: The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet

No comments:

Post a Comment