Saturday, November 16, 2013

7 years together

Today is our 7th anniversary. I mean whaaaaat? It sounds like a lot. My man have spent a quarter of his life with me (I am slightly older so it's less than that for me). When we started dating I always thought that by this time we'll be married and maybe have some kid on the way. But we are here now, I am still completely in love with him, I know I'll spend the rest of my life with him, but boy, we are poor and cannot afford a wedding much less kids! (Ok, it's not as horrible as it sounds but my man is spending all his money on his start-up and I am saving mine to open a shop). We are happy, very much so. And I am not that kind of a girl who has a life plan - get a perfect job by 25, get married by 28, have a first kid by 30 and so on. I feel no pressure to do anything. I am content to celebrate our 7th (or 8th or 9th...) anniversary of dating. We have a lovely tradition that there are no gifts but rather we always go to the opera. This year it was Rossini's The Barber of Seville. Mostly because I love Largo Al Factotum aria and I plan it to make it into my ringtone for my clients because I always feel like being rushed by them all all the time - same as Figaro does. (Even though it's no gifts my man always sneaks me a bouquet :)






Reading: Булга́ков - Ма́стер и Маргари́та  (Bulgakov - Master and Margarita)

No comments:

Post a Comment